On April 27, 2011, in Online Business, Online Marketing, by Rich Rotfort
Is money a factor to you in terms of building a home business? Well in this blog post I am going to show you 5 simple ways to build your home business on a budget. There are a lot of home business income opportunities out there and in reality, you can’t join all of them! You have to focus on one business at a time and remember to choose the home business that’s right for you. If you are not passionate about what you’re selling, then forget about it. However there is one thing to keep in mind in terms of building a home business and that’s what we are about to cover today.
The real name of the game when it comes to having a home business is guess what? Marketing! Products and your opportunity won’t make you any money. Even if you buy the most expensive investment in your company. It’s the marketing part that earns you money. In fact, even if you just joined at the minimal level with a limited marketing budget, but you just know how to market, you will still earn more than the rep who invested the most expensive entry in the company but doesn’t know how to market.
So here are the 5 simple ways to build your home business on a budget:
1. Articles – article marketing is the most common forms of online marketing if you are on a budget. You don’t even need a blog with article marketing. All you have to do is write a 400-500 word article and publish it on the top 5 major article directories on the internet. Article directories such as ezinearticles.com, articlebase.com, articledashboard.com, buzzle.com and isnare.com are the most well-known online article directories in the planet today.
2. Forums – most of the heavy hitters in the home based business industry started marketing using forums. Forum sites like betternetworker.com, warriorforums, mlmforums are a great way to start. These are the places where your target market are asking questions about a particular problem that they are encountering in their home business. This is your chance to answer their questions and provide as much value as you can.
3. Blogging – blogging is a great way to brand yourself as an expert your prospects are looking for. A blog is simply a website that allows you to quickly and easily add fresh content whenever you wish about your home business. Blogs are easy to publish (you only need to know how to type, easy to find (your audience can easily find your content), social (a great way to build a presence in the online community), viral (your blog posts can be virally distributed), and easy to link to and from.
4. Social Media – in the early 20′s you need to be a search engine expert so you can be found by your target market on the internet. Not until now! With the advent of social media, sites like facebook, twitter and youtube… all you need to do is understand the basics on how to market your home business on these sites. The good news is when facebook, twitter and youtube are combined, it is bigger than Google! Yes you heard it right. Facebook, twitter and youtube when combined is bigger than Google. Now can you imagine that? With Google, you need to deal with keywords. But with social media, all you have to do is connect with people. No keywords needed. Social media is about people and building relationships (just to add if you are into search engine optimization, you are dealing with robots… duhh).
5. Blog Commenting – now for the last part is the blog commenting. Don’t underestimate the power of commenting on other people’s blog. If you have a blog and don’t comment on other people’s blog yet then start doing it right here, right now. It is a great way to drive more traffic to your home business and generate leads for your business as well. Why wait? Act now!
So those are the 5 simple ways on how to build your home business on a budget. If you like this article, feel free to share it with others and contact me if you need any help regarding on how to build your home business if you are on a tight budget.